A- G mazing G7 Grace! How C sweet the G sound,
that saved a Em wretch A7 like D me! D7
I G once was G7 lost, but C now I’m G found,
was Em blind but A/ now D7 I G see.
1. Amazing Grace! How sweet the sound,
that saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now I’m found,
was lind but now see.
2. ‘Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
and grace my fears relieved.
How precious did that grace appear,
the hour I first believed.
3. Through many dangers, toils, and snares,
I have already come.
‘Tis grace that brought me safe thus far,
and grace will lead me home.
4. The Lord has promised good to me,
His word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be,
as long as life endures.
5. And when this flesh,
and heart shall fail,
and mortal life shall cease.
I shall possess, ithin the vale,
a life of joy and peace.
6. When we’ve been there, ten thousand years,
bright, shining as the sun.
We’ve no less days, to sing God’s praise,
than when we first begun.
7. Amazing Grace! How sweet the sound,
that saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost, but not am found,
was blind but now I see.